Whether you’re studying for finals or trying to finish up your holiday shopping, this time of the year can cause unnecessary stress! This week, we’ll be sharing a few tips from YogaClub U Ambassador, Amber. Today, our stress relieving advice is all about what goes in your body. You are what you eat! You’ve heard that before, but it does make a difference.
Try these stress reducing foods, perfect for taking on the go!
- Dark Chocolate: emotional stress, and lowers blood pressure.
- Bananas: energy, fiber, morning sickness, and stress
- Avocado: help lower blood pressure
- Oatmeal: also stimulates a feeling of calmness
- Sunflower Seeds: Vitamin E to enhance your mood
- Green or chamomile tea: a positive mood, antioxidants (catechins) reduce oxidative stress
- Water: Hydrate! It’s easy to gravitate toward caffeine during finals, but keep a healthy balance
Or, give this stress relieving drink a try!
- 16 oz Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple (Apple or Berry of choice)
- 4-5 Basil leaves
Fill your cup with water, ice, and vinegar. Add all of your fruit, squeeze and smash it all together and stir the basil leaves in. Allow the mixture to sit while getting ready or driving to study to allow the fruit to really open up and cut the vinegar flavor.
About the Author
Amber is a YogaClub University Ambassador completing her B.S. in Geosciences, while working as a research student. She had the opportunity to practice yoga during a field course, where her passion for exploration flourished. Follow the journey of two passions colliding on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ayypeaches.